The Florida Film & Entertainment Advisory Council was formed in 1999, and consists of 17 members; 7 appointed by the Governor, 5 appointed by the President of the Senate, and 5 appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives. The Film Commissioner, a representative of Enterprise Florida, Inc., a representative of CareerSource Florida, and a representative of VISIT FLORIDA serve as ex officio, nonvoting members of the Council.
The purpose of the Council is to serve as an advisory body to the Department of Economic Opportunity and to the Florida Office of Film & Entertainment to provide industry insight and expertise related to developing, marketing, promoting, and providing services to Florida’s entertainment industry.
- To aid in the development of plans to address the needs of Florida’s film and entertainment industry.
- To improve the quality of life for all Floridians through the support and enhancement of a business climate that is conducive to the state’s film and entertainment industry.
- To provide a broad and consistent base of industry related demographic, economic, and informational support to the Office of Film & Entertainment.
- To advise in the development of an educational system that promotes a seamless K-12 through college digital/film education track, occupational skills training, and incumbent worker re-training, for the film and entertainment industry in Florida.
- To strengthen film and entertainment industry planning and cooperation among public sector agencies and private sector organizations.
- To assist governmental institutions and legislators in obtaining the resources necessary to proactively plan for the rapidly changing needs of the digital entertainment medium.
- To be inclusive and work with special communities, minorities, and diverse organizations in order to develop innovative ways of addressing their unique needs and challenges.
Thursday, December 14th 2017 10AM-12PM
Call in number: 1-888-670-3525 | Conference Code: 4091758923#
For more information call 850-717-8990
|September 19, 2017||Meeting Minutes|
|June 22, 2017||2017 3rd Quarter Meeting Minutes|
|March 7, 2017||2017 2nd Quarter Meeting Minutes|
|December 13, 2016||2016 3rd Quarter Meeting Minutes|
|September 23, 2016||2016 3rd Quarter Meeting Minutes|
|June 16, 2016||2016 2nd Quarter Meeting Minutes|
|February 26, 2016||2016 1st Quarter Meeting Minutes||No audio available|
|December 8, 2015||2015 4th Quarter Meeting Minutes||No audio available|
|September 24, 2015||2015 3rd Quarter Meeting Minutes||No audio available|
|June 24, 2015||2015 2nd Quarter Meeting Minutes||No audio available|
|March 12, 2015||2015 1st Quarter Meeting Minutes|
|December 3, 2014||2014 4th Quarter Meeting Minutes|
|September 30, 2014||2014 3rd Quarter Meeting Minutes|
|June 30, 2014||2014 2nd Quarter Meeting Minutes|
|March 12, 2014||No minutes available|
Seth A. Schachner
Prime Ventures, Inc.
Pieter A. Bockweg
Richard 'Dick' Kravitz
Ana Salas Siegel